The Role: Edinburgh Project Manager
Location: Brighton and Edinburgh
Hours: Fixed term contract until end September 2019
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: On Application
MPW promote and manage comedy worldwide. We have produced tours for artists such as Eddie Izzard, Dylan Moran, Sara Pascoe, Alan Davies, Ross Noble, Paul Merton, Trevor Noah, Katy Brand, Simon Amstell, Reginald D Hunter and Tommy Tiernan.
With a large presence and a varied roster of emerging international and UK talent at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, we are now looking for a dynamic Project Manager to head up the team.
This is a varied role in a fast paced environment which requires a confident individual who can work on their own initiative.
- · Liaising with artists and their management
· Venue booking
· Contracting venues
· Budgeting – creating budgets for each act and keeping to them.
· Booking accommodation and travel for artists and crew.
· Marketing– registration, advertising, web listings, print design, print distribution, social media advertising, social media updates, sales reports, reviews updates etc
· Accounting: keeping records, creating purchase orders, checking invoices, ensuring payments are done in time, manage cash float on site. Liaise with Financial Director re. cash flow and provide detailed reports and receipts.
Contract PRs for each act.
· Negotiating fees with suppliers
· Attending artists’ previews
· Venue passes
· Street team
· Comps management and recording
· Management of the entire team on the ground (event managers, production, street team manager)
· Check settlements are correct
· Oversee final account per act.
· Previous experience at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
· Previous event manager experience.
· Cheery attitude with a passion for comedy
· Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
· Able to communicate at all levels.
· Budgeting skills
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
· Knowledge of marketing esp social media
· Ability to manage a large team
· Experience with databases
· Experience working with MACs
Covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date 31st January 2019