International Events Assistant Vacancy
Mick Perrin Worldwide promote comedy in the UK and in over 50 different countries around the world. MPW also manage comedians from many different countries and represent them in the UK and globally.
Over the last 15 years MPW have produced major UK and international tours for artists such as Eddie Izzard, Dylan Moran, Alan Davies, Ross Noble,
Paul Merton, Trevor Noah, Simon Amstell, Reginald D Hunter and
Tommy Tiernan as well as attracting artists wishing to tour internationally from outside the MPW ‘traditional stable’ such as Daniel Sloss, Omid Djalili and Stephen K Amos. In 2003 Mick Perrin was also the first promoter to tour live stand-up comedy in UK Arenas with Eddie Izzard’s SEXIE tour.
MPW have a large presence at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with a varied roster of emerging international and UK talent, and have been instrumental in growing artist’s audiences from touring Arts Centres to top venues in the UK and abroad.
As well as identifying and exploiting markets across Europe, MPW were the first Comedy Promoters to tour comedians in Russia and the first to stage a commercial stand-up comedy show in Mainland China under license from the Chinese government. MPW work across the Far East, South Africa and are progressing touring markets in South America. MPW take pride in including international dates alongside UK touring itineraries, bringing comedy to a wide and appreciative international market.
In 2014, MPW diversified in to Artist Management; specializing in work with acts from outside the UK and representing their interests around the world. This area of the business is presently flourishing and MPW have a wide roster of performers from all corners of the globe.
The Role: International Events Assistant
Salary: £18,000 pa pro-rata based on a 35hr week plus pension contribution.
Hours: 28 hrs per week Tuesday -Friday
Reporting to Head of International Promotion
This is a varied role in a fast-paced environment and is based in Brighton. You will be assisting the International department – mainly across international touring and on occasions MPW Artist Management. This will include tours of English speaking artists abroad, the visits of international artists to the UK and assisting in the general management of international artists worldwide. Some of the duties are listed below but flexibility and being happy to embrace any new tasks that may arise is essential.
Duties and responsibilities
- Administration of logistics, creating and coordinating achievable schedules for international touring including artist management engagements organised by the international department
- Booking flights, hotels, visas and coordinating productions within budget
- Work to improve the streamlining of administration and general processes in the international department
- Assisting in the financial processing of artists’ engagements.
- Assisting with and activating artist press and marketing including social media on various platforms
- Updating databases, coordinating general administration as well as answering the phone.
- Extremely good administrative, time management and scheduling skills
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions
- Computer literate – good knowledge of Excel, Word with a MAC operating system. A fair knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and iMovie.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, able to liaise at all levels.
- Good social media skills.
- Versatility, attention to detail and able to work unsupervised / under pressure
- Proactive and positive approach to work in a professional manner.
- Experience in events, touring, theatre, film or TV.
- Experience of working in or with different countries and cultures and a second language.
- Experience of working with artists and their management / agents.
- Experience in a busy administration environment
- A love of comedy and live entertainment!
Applications. Please send a current CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications 1st August 2018
Interviews, if appropriate, to be agreed.