We’re Hiring – Talent Agent
MICK PERRIN WORLDWIDE MANAGEMENT
The Role: Talent Agent
Mick Perrin Worldwide promote comedy in the UK and in over 50 different countries around the world. MPW also manage comedians from many different countries and represent them in the UK and globally.
Over the last 15 years MPW have produced major UK and international tours for artists such as Eddie Izzard, Dylan Moran, Alan Davies, Ross Noble,
Paul Merton, Trevor Noah, Simon Amstell, Reginald D Hunter and Tommy Tiernan as well as attracting artists wishing to tour internationally from outside the MPW ‘traditional stable’ such as Daniel Sloss and Stephen K Amos.
MPW have a large presence at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with a varied roster of emerging international and UK talent, and have been instrumental in growing artists’ audiences from touring Arts Centres to top venues in the UK and abroad.
In 2014, MPW diversified in to Artist Management; specializing in work with acts from outside the UK and representing their interests around the world.
The Role: Talent Agent
Location: London / Brighton
Salary: Dependent on experience
Talent Agent required with 5+ years previous experience in the UK comedy industry. Must be a self-starting team player and able to work under pressure.
This is a varied and demanding role in a fast-paced environment and an exciting opportunity within the field. You will be representing MPWM’s artists as manager and agent. You will be comfortable and experienced in communicating with artists of varying profile. You will be working across all genres of media to progress the artists’ careers. You will be knowledgeable of the UK and international comedy industry, used to working over multiple projects, and comfortable at negotiating and executing contracts over variable platforms. You will have a solid knowledge of the inner workings of the live, television, radio and publishing industry and the agreements therein.
Some of the duties are listed below but flexibility and being happy to embrace any new tasks that may arise is essential.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work to increase the artistic profile of all artists
- Work with artists to support their creative talent and where necessary, guide and nurture.
- Generate, broker and deliver commercially viable work for our artists with a view to the longevity of their careers.
- Use your existing contacts within the Media industry to obtain opportunities and work for the artists.
- Negotiate and execute agreements in written and verbal form.
- Take an active role in identifying and securing International artists for the MPWM roster
- Manage the process of remuneration for the artists and commissions due in conjunction with the Finance Director.
- Attending live shows and television records in the UK and abroad when required.
- 5+ years previous experience working at a high level within the UK comedy industry
- Experience at negotiating and delivering agreements across all media platforms.
- Extremely good administrative, time management and scheduling skills
- Experience of working in or with different countries and cultures
- Experience of working with artists and other management / agents.
- Ability to work towards the objectives of the artist and MPWM.
- Understanding that the nature of the job requires working unsociable hours.
- Computer literate – good knowledge of Excel, Word with a MAC or PC operating system.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, able to liaise at all levels.
- A second language may be advantageous.
- Good social media skills.
- Versatility, attention to detail and able to work unsupervised / under pressure
- Proactive and positive approach to work in a professional manner.
- Experience in a busy administration environment
- A love of comedy and live entertainment!
Covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15th April 2018